1. Reflecting on Of Mice and Men.
a.Explain George's perspective for what he did to Lennie.
George euthanized Lennie because he knew Lennie didn't really have a good future,because of his disability. Lennie was just always doing things he wasn't supposed to do, like when he was talking to Curley's wife he wasn't supposed to talk to her.George was just having a harder life because of Lennie.
b. Do you think that was the best thing to do for Lennie?
I don't think it was the best thing for Lennie. Lennie could have got some help and maybe became better.Or else George just could have left him in a special care. Lennie could of had a good life if got the help he needed.
2. Father in Italy Accused of Murder
a. Explain the father's reasons for what he did.
The father euthanized his daughter.The father euthanized his daughter because she was living on artificial life. The father didn't want the any more. So he chose to just let her die.He didn't have no more hope of her coming back to life.
b. Do you agree or disagree with what the father did? Why?
I do agree the father's decision he is her father and I know he would want the best for his daughter. She was already like dead,it was just like she was just asleep but really dead.So he chose to just let her go for good,and let her rest in peace.
3. Man Kills Family after Losing his Job
a. Imagine and list things that might have been going through the father's mind as he contemplated his "mercy" killing. (In the article, the father's suicide note gives specific evidence of why he did what he did. Elaborate on it.) Specifically, what could he have been negative or paranoid about?
I think Mr.Lupoe was paraanoid about not being able to support his family.I think what went through his mind was that he wasn't going to able to surrive and keep his family alive without his job. He didn't think he was going to be able to make it in life so he took his family's and his life away.
b. Unfortunately, with America's failing economy, many professionals are losing their jobs. While many do not resort to something as extreme as the man in the article, it does cause stress within families. What are some ways that parents can support children (to succeed in life) that do NOT require money?
Some ways that parents can support thier children is to tell them they can succeed in life in what ever the want without money. Just let them know you're always going to love them no matter what! To not tell nothing put them down and try thier best in everything. Parents just have to encourge thier children in any thing they can.
4. After reading Of Mice and Men and the two news articles, what is your stance on euthanasia? Is "mercy" killing a legitimate way to ending someones life? List any exceptions, if you have any. (This response should be 7-10 sentences).
What I think about euthanasia is that there is going to be times you just have to do it. Like when you know that a person is not going to be able to live no more. You just have to have a good reason why your going to do that.I also think euthanasia should only be able to happen to people who really need it. People shouldn't be able to do it, just because they think they are already done with they're lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well you have good points about"euthanasia". I think it's true. You know that they are never going to wake up. So I guess its time to let them go.
I agree with your perspective .Ialso like how you explained it keep up the great work.
Post a Comment